Urogynecology Services in Brockton, MA
Talk to Us About Female Pelvic Medicine & Reconstructive Surgery – Also Known as Urogynecology. Book an Appointment Online or Call (508) 232-4887.
Our goal is to improve the quality of life for all women. Our primary purpose is to deliver the most current treatment and therapies related to female urinary incontinence and pelvic floor disorders. We offer our patients the highest standards of treatment our specialty – female pelvic health. We offer comprehensive evaluation and treatment in:
- Urinary incontinence – stress and urge
- Pelvic organ prolapse with non-surgical and surgical options. We have a number of new therapeutic options available that have a very high success rate, even with recurrent pelvic organ prolapse.
- Overactive bladder
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Vulvodynia and Vulvar dermatological disease
- Providing the most up-to-date medical and surgical treatments available in a patient-oriented care system.
We have developed a multi-modal therapeutic approach including:
- We provide comprehensive consultation & evaluation for obtaining the correct diagnosis
- We provide comprehensive treatment plans that include surgical but also non-surgical options such as the following:
- Pelvic floor therapy & rehabilitation
- Pain injection including Botox for muscle spasm & persistent pain
- Bladder instillations
- Interstim Therapy
Surgical approaches include:
- Office based procedures for urinary incontinence
- Pelvic pain
- Heavy menstrual periods – ablations (in office procedure)
- permanent contraception – (in office procedure)
- We also can provide the most comprehensive approach to treating incontinence and prolapse available including the following
- Inpatient & outpatient surgery
- minimally invasive vaginal surgery
- minimally invasive laparoscopic surgery
- minimally invasive robotic surgery
We treat other conditions such as:
- Recurrent urinary tract infections
- Recurrent endometriosis & pain in spite of prior laparoscopic treatment
- Persistent pelvic pain post hysterectomy
- Overactive bladder with incontinence
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
- Sexual dysfunction
If you suffer from urinary incontinence or pelvic organ prolapse, you are not alone. This problem occurs in many women & often they think it is part of normal aging. Most women are not aware that new treatment modalities are available to successfully manage their problems and help them live a normal life.
Gaining urinary control is obtainable, by comprehensive evaluation to help make an accurate diagnosis and then using necessary treatment modalities to treat it including:
- Comprehensive testing including Urodynamic testing (evaluation of bladder function)
- Office based Percutaneous Nerve Evaluation for Interstim
- Use of suburethral slings to treat genuine stress urinary incontinence
- Treating irritative bladder conditions such as interstitial cystitis .
- Pelvic floor therapy to improve both stress control & urge control.
- Dietary consultation regarding bladder irritants.
We employ tried and tested as well as the newest techniques for correction of both prolapse & urinary incontinence.
Dr. Vikas Merchia, MD, FACOG, FPMRS is Board Certified in the subspecialty of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery. He has been practicing for nearly 20 years with a wealth of knowledge and experience in using all the modalities mentioned previously. He is a compassionate and emphatic patient advocate, with the single goal of working to help improve the quality of life of his patients.